Tuesday 23 December 2014

Forever in our hearts


I heard the sirens from my office in the City Chambers, yesterday afternoon. It was hard to make sense of what was going on from a window overlooking George Square. I had a radio on and soon after,  news broke of the horrific tragedy on Queen Street. 

It has been a terrible shock. Today, I attended the service of condolence and reflection at the Tron St. George's Church and laid some flowers at the Gallery of Modern Art as a mark of respect.

I share with others my appreciation of the dedication and care provided by many people involved in responding to events as they unfolded. Thanks go to the Emergency services and Council staff who have assisted and continue to help people caught up in this awful accident.

My thoughts are with people who have suffered distress, injury or loss as a result of this tragedy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.