Over this weekend, conversations have included discussion about the poor state of the roads and pavements across Glasgow. It would seem that improvements have been made but car drivers are still facing ongoing problems with burst tyres caused by uneven road surfaces.
Great Western Road next to Buckingham Terrace.
I am constantly reporting potholes, pavement cracks and woren road markings to the staff at Land and Environmental Services.
As a result of various requests, the following refurbishment works have also been added to the programme or have been completed in the Hillhead area:-
- Garscube Cross – Incorporating St George’s Road , Possil Road and Garscube Road
- West Graham Street – Cowcaddens Road to Great Western Road
- Dowanhill Area – Various road markings
- Garscube Road – Garscube Cross to M8 Interchange
- New City Road - M8 Interchange to St Georges Cross
- St George’s Road – Charing Cross to Maryhill Road
- Great Western Road – West Graham Street to Otago Street
- Great Western Road – Byres Road to Otago Street
- Glasgow Street – full length
- Cresswell Street –full length
- Hyndland Street – Junction with Hyndland Road
- Maryhill Road - St Georges Road to Clarendon Street
Junction of Gibson Street and Otago Street.Further streets can be put forward for repairs and resurfacing as part of the Roads Investment Strategy.