Tuesday 12 November 2013

Taking photos of rubbish

Today, I met up with quite a few residents in and around Woodlands Road. When one of them asked where I was going, I had to reply, "To take photos of rubbish". 

There is one thing guaranteed when I make my way around the backcourts of the Hillhead ward, I will encounter overflowing bins, scattered refuse and plenty of cleansing problems. Today was no exception but I am hoping days like this are numbered. Anyway, this is what I found.



This is not one of the most disadvantaged areas of the city, but investment is still needed to improve the bin areas and backcourts. The recycling rates are very poor. Vermin problems have been highlighted. Public health is an ongoing concern. It is difficult for residents to be able to sit in their backcourt and it could be argued that it is not a safe environment for children to play. 

Progress is being made to clean up this backcourt, near Willowbank Crescent, with support from Clean Glasgow and plans to enhance the design of this space are in the pipeline. If any residents of Woodlands are interested in this project, please get in touch as any help would be very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.