Saturday 18 June 2011

My last councillor's surgery at Willowbank Primary

I have held a monthly surgery at Willowbank Primary on the first Wednesday of each month since my election to Glasgow City Council in May 2007.

Willowbank Primary is merging with three other local primaries and moving to a new building on Gibson Street. The current building is closing at the end of June and my last surgery took place on 1st June 2011.

I spent some of my surgery reflecting on my visits to the school and the people I have met at the surgeries. One of the highlights is when I mixed with the staff and pupils at the Burns Celebration in 2010. I was invited to toast the Laddies. Great entertainment was enjoyed by all!


Piano and stool at Williowbank Primary

The room where I hold my surgery has an old fashioned chalkboard and a piano. I hope these items find a good new home. I am not sure they will be required in the new school known as Hillhead Primary.

After the school holidays, I return to provide my monthly surgery in Woodlands from The Albany Centre, on Ashley Street. I will be there from the first Wednesday of September, between 7-8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.