Wednesday 2 May 2012

Making dementia a priority in my community

I have received a letter from Alzheimer Scotland seeking support for their manifesto. On average there are 238 people living in each council ward plus family, carers, and friends of each person living with the illness. 

I have signed the pledge to make dementia a priority in my work as a councillor. My family is affected by dementia and I appreciate the need to listen to people living with dementia and consult with their supporters. 

People with dementia, their carers and families are entitled to: be treated with dignity and respect, be supported by skilled staff who understand the illness, and be included in their local communities.


Useful Link:

Alzheimer Scotland - www.alzscot.org/manifesto2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.