Thursday 31 May 2012

Priorities to promote safer streets

In Tuesday 29th May, in views of concerns that I had received regarding inadequate street lighting and general safety on the streets of Hillhead, a walkabout took place involving students, community councillors, University of Glasgow representatives, Community Police officers and myself to identify specific locations to be prioritised for safety measures.

Within University Avenue, speeding vehicles and risk of accidents was mentioned. I have asked for a traffic survey and the introduction of speed monitoring signs.

 Walkabout took in Lilybank Gardens.

Inadequate street lighting in some side streets and Kelvin Way has been highlighted. In response, I have asked for investment in additional street lighting columns, replacement of faulty lights, or installation of a specific help point.

Update: 21st June 2012

Further to my enquiries, I have received information about four existing Help Points in Kelvin Way and Kelvingrove Park which are to be promoted more widely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.