Wednesday 20 April 2011

Vote for Sport

I have signed up for the Women's 10K in Glasgow on 8th May 2011. It's an annual event for hundreds of women who want to improve their health and raise much needed funds for charity. There is an amazing atmosphere along the route and the cheering from the crowd is a great motivator.

In my preparations for the run, I am going out jogging and cycling to local parks and walkways. It is a really good way to feel refreshed. Here's my T-shirt and number which arrived in the post yesterday.



The Scottish Sports Alliance has been in touch to promote the powerful force sport can play in improving health, inspiring education and increasing community cohesion.  I have given support to sport for the betterment of Scotland and signed up to the Pledge.

"I pledge to recognise the unique role, value and potential of sport in Scottish society and upon my election to the Scottish Parliament I will act as a Scottish Sporting Champion throughout my term in Parliament."

There is a significant contribution made to our sports activities by 12,000 sports clubs and 150,000 volunteers across Scotland. We need to recognise that our children deserve the right to play, that our older adults deserve the right to participate; and that this nation deserves an active future.


Useful Links

Scottish Sports Alliance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.