Friday 13 May 2011

Keep on running!

I got to the start line for the Women's 10K on 8th May in time for the collective warm up session and whilst dampness kept us cool, rainfall stayed away during the run.

The scene of many women pounding the streets is a great occasion. My favourite part of the run, but the most demanding, is through Pollok Park. The ancient woodland is an amazing sight. The hilly roadway through the park definately gets my heart beating.



I think this is my 9th year of running in the 10K. It was not my personal best but I made a good effort, finishing in 1 hour 17 minutes.

A work colleague persuaded me to give it a go many years ago and I have never looked back since!

I don't see myself as a fitness fantastic but I wouldn't miss my regular jogs around Kelvinbridge or Glasgow Green. You will find me out and about in my sports gear on a Saturday or Sunday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.